Group 28

2022-09-24 08:56:24 By : Mr. Jack WU

Men who have been jailed for violent incidents

Get the latest news from Teesside Crown Court direct to your inbox with our free email newsletter

Over recent weeks dozens of dangerous offenders have been sentenced on Teesside for sickening violent attacks.

Teesside Live has reported on many offenders who faced justice over the last couple of months. One of the cases saw Anthony Mcloughlin throw a brick at a child's head before stamping on him.

Mcloughlin, 41, chased the boy, 15, on his bike before throwing the brick at him, "from close range and with force." At a sentencing hearing last week, Teesside Crown Court heard that the boy lost consciousness, and Mcloughlin continued to attack him as he lay on a Middlesbrough pavement. The attack - which took place on June 1, 2022 - was captured on CCTV, and the footage showed Mcloughlin, dressed in a grey tracksuit, cycling away afterwards.

Read the shocking story and others below :

READ MORE: Nervous 'bottom end dealer' caught with heroin, cash and drug requests on his 2 mobile phones

This brute launched a vicious attack on a young teenager.

The victim suffered cuts to the back of his head and his forehead; bruising to his head; sore ribs and bruised hands and knuckles. In a statement, the boy said he survived on milkshakes for weeks after being attacked, because the pain in his jaw prevented him from eating solid food.

The teenager also said that he is scared to leave his house since being attacked; and is now cautious of socialising with people and worries about who he walks past in the street: "I feel like a recluse - I don't leave my room. I've lost weight that I could not afford to lose.

"It is mental torture, constantly going over what happened in my mind."

The court heard that Mcloughlin came out of his home after his windows were smashed with bricks, at around 8pm. He thought he was chasing the person responsible - but the boy he attacked had nothing to do with the damage to his windows.

Mcloughlin, of Carlow Street in central Middlesbrough, pleaded guilty to attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent, and to breaching a court order. The court heard that he has a long history of offending - 63 convictions for 142 offences.

The judge jailed Mcloughlin for four years and made him subject to a restraining order, prohibiting him from communicating with, or approaching, his victim.

This pair of thugs held a drill to a businessman's chest and doused him in beer before forcing him into a car boot in a terrifying kidnap plot.

Londoners James Stephens and Bradley Wright have been sentenced for more than 17 years after kidnapping the man at knifepoint, threatened him and telling him to pay £20,000 in a “truly terrifying” blackmail plot. The 26-year-olds were jailed at Teesside Crown Court after the horrifying incident in the Hambleton area of North Yorkshire.

The pair locked the man in a car boot and threatened to harm his family if he didn’t pay up in a week. The incident began when the two men flagged down the victim’s car in the Hambleton area of North Yorkshire. The businessman thought they needed help so he wound down the window. Instead, both men set on him, punching and kicking him.

Prosecutor Dr Chris Wood, the pair approached their victim on a rural country road near Gatenby, south of Northallerton in North Yorkshire. Dr Wood added: "Both defendants forced the victim from his car and dragged him by his legs. They punched him in the face several times before he was held down to the ground by Wright who put his knee on the victim's chest and was in possession of a knife."

The court heard the victim was told he owed thousands of pounds in a debt. The thugs then dragged him out of the car and into a field. One put a knife to his throat while the other held an electric drill to his chest.

The pair stole his jewellery and locked him in a car boot before driving around making further threats. The attackers then demanded he paid £20,000 in a week. He made a smaller bank transfer of money before they set him free. But it later transpired that the transaction had failed.

Dr Wood said remarks were made by both defendants about the victim's ethnicity and he was told he would need to pay the amount by that Sunday.

The prosecutor said: "Stephens drank some beer then proceeded to spit and pour the beer onto the victim's face. Wright spat at the victim also."

The pair described the victim's family home, told him they knew the timings his children went to school and when he arrived home from work. The court also heard they said they had friends that would help kill his children if he rang police.

Dr Wood said the man was then forced into a car boot and driven for 15 minutes. During the journey the pair demanded money and the victim transferred £915.05 to Wright's bank account.

He was then dragged out the boot, further assaulted before the defendants fled. The victim managed to flag down help from a passing farmer.

He was left with a sore head and bruising and cuts to his hands face and legs. After the kidnapping, the businessman was taken to hospital by ambulance and treated for his injuries.

This man is due to be sentenced after a violent attack outside of a popular nightclub.

Hassan Farah, 31, pleaded guilty to a section 18 wounding offence in August after an incident at Yarm High Street, near The Keys nightclub, on May 29. At a hearing in June, he previously admitted possession of a knife but denied the attack.

The court heard his not guilty plea was a 'misunderstanding' and he was re-arraigned and admitted the assault. At the time of the attack, Teesside Live attended the area after reports a 26-year-old man suffered a "serious injury" and was taken to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough.

People living and working in Yarm were shocked to see the area outside The Keys cordoned off. Crime Scene Investigation teams from Cleveland Police blocked off the entrance of the venue and forensic experts could be seen taking evidence away in bags.

James Stanwick left his 'friend' needing emergency surgery after stabbing him in the neck.

Teesside Crown Court heard the incident happened after he was branded a 'dirty little rat' for refusing to share his tobacco whilst socialising. Prosecutor Victoria Lamballe said the 47-year-old and his victim have known each other for several years and were attending the home of another friend when the incident happened. She said on the morning of January 11, an argument broke out between the pair after the defendant refused to share his tobacco.

Ms Lamballe said: "The complainant branded him a dirty little rat. They were asked to leave but a short time later witnesses found the complainant sitting on the stairway covered in blood and holding a towel on a wound on his neck which he said was a result of the defendant stabbing him."

The court heard if the knife was millimetres in another direction it could have been a very different outcome. Stanwick created a 3cm wound and lacerated a jugular vein.

Recorder Aisha Wadoodi sentenced Stanwick, of Letitia Street, Middlesbrough, to 50 months in prison. The defendant, who has 13 convictions for 23 offences, was also made to pay a victim surcharge.

This teenager was jailed for almost nine years following an armed brawl at the gates of a Teesside primary school.

Ryan Anderson, 19, was sentenced to a total of eight years and ten months in prison at Teesside Crown Court. His co-accused, John Sullivan, was jailed for a total of 12 months.

The pair were arrested by Cleveland Police in May last year after police were called to Berwick Hills Primary School. Officers were called following reports of people fighting with weapons near the school gates just as pupils were arriving for the day.

Anderson, of Marton Road, Middlesbrough, initially pleaded not guilty to the charges, but changed his plea to guilty in May this year on the day his trial was due to start. He appeared before the court for sentencing in July.

He was given a total jail sentence of eight years and ten months after admitting attempted robbery, wounding with intent, possession of a weapon on school grounds, two counts of burglary, three counts of attempted burglary, possession of a knife in a public place and criminal damage. He also pleaded guilty to four motoring offences, dangerous driving, driving without a licence, driving without insurance and failing to provide a specimen.

This man forced his girlfriend's head down the toilet before flushing it after she contacted the woman he was having an affair with.

Cruel Joynull Hussain - who owns a business in Darlington - became angry after the woman he was having an affair with turned up at his home to confront him. The 28-year-old then launched a violent assault on his partner - he hit her with his phone, kicked her and shoved her to the floor outside of their home. Hussain dragged her by her hair in to the kitchen, and forced washing powder into her mouth.

He then poured washing up liquid over her head - which went into her eyes. He tried to strangle her with his arms, before holding a knife to her throat and threatened to kill her.

He told her to swallow the washing powder in her mouth, and when she refused, he took a gulp of water, and spat it in her face. Whilst she was kneeling on the kitchen floor covered in washing up liquid, he took a photo of her and told her he was going to send it to her mother.

He then put the kettle on, and said he was going to pour boiling water over her head to disfigure her. But when the kettle boiled, he poured the water over the floor and dragged his partner into the bedroom and forced her head down the toilet, before flushing it. He then placed a plastic bag over her head for 10-15 seconds.

The judge jailed Hussain for three-years-and-nine-months. An indefinite restraining order was granted to prohibit him from contacting his victim.

Lewis Firth forced his thumbs into the eyes of a police sergeant during a terrifying attack.

Lewis Firth, 22, was in a cell in Newcastle's Forth Bank Police Station for an unrelated offence when he lashed out at the police officer who had asked him to provide nail clippings for evidence. It came just two months after he was released from jail for stabbing a man and assaulting another emergency worker.

Taking offence to the police officers request, prosecutors said he then squared up to the two officers present and proceeded to push his thumbs into one of their eyes while "applying pressure", reports Chronicle Live. Prosecutors said the victim had to punch the yob to the side of the head to him to release his grip, at which point he was restrained by six other officers.

The sergeant was left with bruising under both eyes but was lucky the injuries were not more serious. The violent outburst has now put Firth, formerly of Darlington but now of Dunholme Road, in Arthur's Hill, Newcastle, back behind bars after he appeared in custody at Newcastle Magistrates' Court to plead guilty to assaulting an emergency worker.

Jailing him for 16 weeks, chairing magistrate, Keith McIntosh, said: "This was quite a nasty incident. It started off simple but ended up with you poking your thumbs into the officer's eyes, which could have caused blindness. The bruising means there was significant pressure used and it could have resulted in something more serious. Fortunately, it didn't."

Fox, of St Johns Close, North Ormesby, attacked his partner in a drug-fuelled rage days after they had rekindled their romance.

Summarising the case at Teesside Crown Court, Judge Christopher Smith said after only a few days together in January, Fox had taken drink and drugs and the pair fell into an argument. He said giving evidence in the trial the woman said knew she was in danger and set about packing to escape.

Judge Smith said: "She was knelt down packing when you stormed into the bedroom and struck her. She was in a vulnerable position and she is a vulnerable person. She appears to have lost consciousness and found herself in the middle of the bedroom with you on top of her strangling her, kneeling across her chest."

Prosecutor Shaun Dryden said she was left with two fractures to her jaw requiring surgery and permanent medical plates. He told the court it was a high culpability attack and she was vulnerable at the time.

Fox, 35, was sentenced for breaching a restraining order and causing grievous bodily harm with intent. He pleaded not guilty to breaching the order but was convicted after a trial of the attack.

He was handed an extended sentence of seven years. He was also given a restraining order banning contact with the victim.

Woman caught having sex in public 'lost her sense of self' during homeless crime spree

Teen stabbed sunbathing man six times with 'piece of glass' over 'historic animosity' in park attack

Watch as Boro fans 'meet' Sunderland supporters outside stadium ahead of Tees Wear derby

Long-running aquatics business set to face bill increase of around 300% leaving family 'floored'

Troubled Kerry who was banned from town centre for abuse found dead in her room at 41